Elder Beilman

Elder Beilman

Sunday

October 12, 2014

Hey everyone!

Last week for P Day was way fun! I attached a couple of pictures.  Don't worry, we didn't go in the water!  I made sure to walk out on the sand in the picture when the wave was low.  But we played touch rugby on the sand and then I played some volleyball with no net.  It was a lot of fun. I want to go there every P Day.
But this week was a little tough. We had tried to contact 3 potential investigators and I'll let you know what happened...
The first one is a man named Mosese- who was OYM'd just outside the Temple at the bus stand by a member. The Assistants gave us his number and information. So we gave him a call on Saturday or Sunday last week and set an appointment to meet him at the Family History Center(right next to the Temple) on Tuesday at 9 am. But he never showed up. So we are going to try to contact him again.
The next one is Ralulu- We met him while walking through a settlement(kind of like a village, a little smaller) that is in our area. He stopped us and we talked for a minute. We got his number and said we would call him if there was a day that we could come visit him. So we called on Friday to set up a day to see him, and then found out he lives in a different area. About 15 minutes away-but in a different zone. so we will have to give him to a different set of missionaries.
Another man we met on the street on Wednesday had stopped us on the sidewalk and Kerekere'd(kind of like asking, please) us to come visit him. So we went to our member's house where he had been staying on Friday to find out that he went to jail for a year... So that was a big slap in the face.
And on Friday right before we went to go contact that man that went to jail, we gave 2 of our investigators to the sisters in our area(serving in the English ward- Samabula 1st) because we thought it would be better for the investigators to go to the English ward.
So it was a pretty tough week. And I got sun burned for the first time on my mission, because we spent most of the day walking on Saturday. But its good that we have hard times- I read these verses the other day(I think I read them because of the week we were having) its 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

I love verse 10. I've been thinking about my thoughts when I'm going through something really hard. But Paul says that he takes "pleasure" in infirmities and it taught me that my attitude towards trials is really important because if I'm just going to sit and complain the whole time, I won't learn much. but if I try to figure out why I'm going through it, that is when we learn. That is when we are made strong.

Thanks for everything!

Love, Elder Beilman