Elder Beilman

Elder Beilman

Monday

June 22, 2014


Hey everyone!

Sorry about last week, I was trying to email everybody I could and didn't have much time to write you. But no I didn't get transferred, my trainer got transferred to Suva, his dream area. So I got a new companion, his name is Elder Ravutaumada. He is from Taveuni which is known as the garden island here in fiji, I want to serve on that island someday. But he is awesome, he only has 4 months left on his mission, so Rakiraki might be his last area. Everything here is really good. Unfortunately, we had to move one of our Baptismal Dates that was set for the 28th this month back because he didn't come to church yesterday. But that's okay, it won't be too long. We have 3 investigators with baptismal dates! Really good. We just need to teach them everything, 2 of them are really good and the other one is a former investigator who 2 years ago wanted to go on a mission. We never really taught him much since I've been here so we didn't know that until I went through the area book and saw his name. We saw him 2 saturday's ago and asked if he still wanted to go on a mission, and he said yes. So we talked about baptism and the reasons why we are baptized and everything. It was really good. He just needs permission from his family and come to church. But he is really good. The other day, we read in Preach My Gospel and it said something about praying for unexpected things to come into your path(something along those lines) and it really struck me. So before we started proselyting I said a prayer that we could have some unexpected things happen throughout the day, and we had one. It was really good, we went to visit a less active in this village called Vatuse(we don't go there often, I've only been there 2 times since I've been here) and she took us to the house of this other former investigator that really wanted us to come over and take the lessons again. It was great, we are going to visit him again on Friday.
That is crazy that the baby is here already! I feel like it was yesterday that you were given the Christmas present that said how many weeks till you are grandparents. That's good that he is doing okay though!
Thanks for the updates!
Love you guys!
Elder Beilman


My trainer that got transferred to Suva on the left(Elder Leota). 
My new companion on the right(Elder Ravutaumada).