Elder Beilman

Elder Beilman

Sunday

November 23, 2014

Cola Vina! (Nadroga dialect for Bula Vinaka)
I've been learning a little bit of the Dialect here in Tavua, and man... Its not just a dialect, its a completely different language! If you want to say 'I want to eat'(which is the closest translation for I'm hungry) you would say "Au via Kana" in the Bau Dialect which is the dialect that everybody knows. In Nadroga you would say "Qi mata Kana" but you say the K's differently, its just ridiculous.
But! This week was crazy! Tuesday after our District meeting, I went on exchanges with Elder Carter(From Australia, in my intake) who is currently serving in Rakiraki! So I got to see a lot of people from Rakiraki again! It was one of the best days I've had on my mission. One of my Recent Converts, Buka, is taking people to church in a van that he is using to drive people to Suva. On Sundays, pretty much nobody works, except for some Taxi drivers, and Bus drivers. But he is off on Sunday so he picks up investigators and members on Sunday to take them to church! That was so good to hear! Its just amazing to see how the area is going after I left. I'm just super happy to see that he is still coming to church and helping others come to church as well! And they are planning on Baptizing a man named Ratu Luke who my first companion and I started teaching back in May! It was amazing!
We had a funeral for one of our members on Saturday morning, which was kind of sad. He had stepped on something and it got infected really bad, so they took him to the hospital in Lautoka and they said they would have to cut his leg off from the knee down or something, so they didn't want to do that. They came back and he didn't really do anything because he was getting sick and his diabetes didn't help either. He passed away on Monday last week. We are planning on visiting the daughter and mother and try to strengthen their testimonies of the Plan of Salvation and try to help them come back to church again. We had visited them about once a week since I've been here, so hopefully we can see them soon and more often.
Transfers are this week, we'll see what happens. I feel like my companion might train here soon. He finished in April. But we wont know till Saturday night. Hopefully we both stay!
Vinaka valevu na loloma kei ne ka kece!
Loloma Levu!
Elder Beilman