Elder Beilman

Elder Beilman

Sunday

August 31, 2014

Hey Everyone!
This week was really good! We started teaching this inactive and his
wife like 2 weeks ago and they are really good! The father, Rusi, has
been inactive for a long time, and his wife is methodist(I think). But
we shared with his wife, Ani, about the Plan of Salvation on Saturday
night, it was so good! We asked her about Adam and Eve and if it was
good that they ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and
evil and immediately she said bad. So we turned to 2 Nephi 2:22-25 and
shared with her about how it was good that they ate the fruit, because
if they didn't, we wouldn't be here. After we shared about it, she
seemed like she was really happy about it. She told us she understands
it well now and how it makes sense. Its amazing that all the other
churches teach that it was bad, it was part of the plan! Our Father in
Heaven knows everything, he knew that they would partake of the fruit.
I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation, so many people in the
world don't know about this amazing plan that we have been given. I
feel really blessed to have this knowledge, because I know what I need
to do to get back to our Heavenly Father. Really grateful for the
opportunity to share about this plan with others to give them the
chance to know the truth!
Transfers calls are this Saturday, I'm wondering if I'll stay again.
Maybe like Sister Jeffery and stay for 8 months in my first area. I
would be okay with that though, I love it here.
I was reading in Jacob last week in Chapter 1 the last verse says-"And
we did magnify our office unto the Lord, taking upon us the
responsibility, answering the sins of the people upon our own heads if
we did not teach them the word of God with all diligence; wherefore,
by laboring with our might their blood might not come upon our
garments; otherwise their blood would come upon our garments, and we
would not be found spotless at the last day." And I feel like this
scripture really applies to missionaries. We need to magnify our
calling as much as we can and labor with our might to teach people the
gospel. One of the missionaries in my District, Elder Tonumaipe'a(he
is Samoan) shared at district meeting about how when we are judged of
our works, and our missions included, how we will respond if the
Savior asks how we did in the area we were given to serve in. If we
will be able to look up to him and say I worked with all my heart,
might, mind and strength and stand blameless before him.
This week has been good, trying to find those prepared!
Loloma Levu!
Elder Beilman


This is the family I was talking about.
 Here is a picture of where we were walking the other day, we were
trying to find a short cut to the village, we didn't end up finding it....