Elder Beilman

Elder Beilman

Sunday

August 24, 2014

Hey Everybody!
Yeah, I emailed my mission president and told him that a truck would really help us out here, but he told me there is a limited number of trucks that they can have and that they are all in other areas. But there is one in this area called Ba, which is like 2 hours away where our District leader is and they have a truck, but its a lot bigger of a town than Rakiraki. I think they could do without the truck there, and most of the roads are paved there and almost all of them here are gravel. They should put the bicycles there and give us the truck, but its okay. Its all up to the Mission President on that. Oh and the bridge is still out. Its been out for over a year now.. They don't plan on finishing it till December next year.. They are working on it right now though.

This last week was really good! We are working with less actives more now that we have been. Our goal for them is to go to the Temple because a lot of the less actives haven't been to the temple yet. So we sat down with our Branch President's brother, Rusi, and his wife 2 times last week. On Thursday, we shared a little about families with them. Rusi was planning on going on a mission, but he got a job at one of the hotels nearby and unfortunately that took him away from going to church. He was going to seminary and everything! Way sad! He hasn't been in 12 years.. But we are going to start teaching them, his wife isn't a member but we are going to invite her to baptism soon! They have the cutest little girl! She is kind of bad sometimes though. There is some gravel close to their house and she grabs the rocks and throws them at the house sometimes.. But she is so funny. Every time she sees us she says "Elda!" and wants us to shake her hand, its so funny.
On Saturday, we went to visit out 1st counselor in the Branch Presidency and we had dinner over there, and this is what we ate, its called "Qeqe" I was pretty hesitant to eat it at first. When she brought it out, I thought to myself "no!" But then I just told myself to eat it, if they eat it, it has to taste good right? So when I tried it, it didn't taste too bad. I ate the whole bowl of them. The funny thing is it kind of tasted like bacon.. I know, crazy, but it did. That or I just forgot what bacon tastes like because they don't have bacon here.
Well I hope everyone is doing well! Take Care!
Loloma levu!
Elder Beilman